- James r swartz ipo
- Enlightenment, Vedanta and the Three Energies (full talk) by James Swartz
- Carnegie Mellon Receives $31 Million Gift for New Swartz Center for Entrepreneurship
- Accel (venture capital firm)
- Thank you to our event sponsors
- Donation Will Support Entrepreneurship Across All Disciplines
- Scientific Advisory Board
- Schedule of Events - Summer 2019
- James R. Swartz, Sc.D.
- DocuSign, Ceridian, Smartsheet, nLight: Biggest Tech IPO Week in Years
- Summer 2019 Cohort
- External links
Accel, formerly known as Accel Partners, is an American venture capital firm. Accel works with startups in seed, early and growth-stage investments. The company has offices in Palo Alto, California and San Francisco, California, with additional operating funds in London,India and China (through a partnership with International Data Group (IDG-Accel)).
Accel has funded technology companies including Facebook,Slack,Dropbox,Atlassian,Flipkart,Supercell,Spotify,Etsy,Braintree/Venmo,Vox Media,Lynda.com,Qualtrics,DJI,Cloudera,Jet.com, Ethos, GoFundMe,Vectra Networks Inc.FabHotels, BrowserStack, Instana and Egyptian Instabug.
In 1983, Accel was founded by Arthur Patterson and Jim Swartz. The co-founders developed the firm's "Prepared Mind" investment philosophy based on the Louis Pasteur quote "Chance favors the prepared mind.", which requires "deep focus" and a disciplined and informed approach to investing.
In 2000, Accel entered a joint-venture with Kohlberg Kravis Roberts to form Accel-KKR a technology-focused private equity investment firm focused on control investments in middle-market companies.
In 2001, Accel opened its London office as a separate fund, to invest in European technology companies, focusing on Series A and Series B investments. Its European investments include Avito (acquired by Naspers for $1.2 billion),BlaBlaCar,Deliveroo,Spotify and Supercell (acquired by Tencent for $8.6 billion), among others.
In addition to Accel's continued investments in early-stage startups from the Accel early stage fund, the firm announced a $480 million growth fund in December 2008, focused on growth equity opportunities in information technology, the internet, digital media, mobile, networking, software, and services.
In March 2016, Accel raised $2 billion, $500 million for an early stage venture fund and $1.5 billion for growth investments. In April 2016, Accel raised a separate $500 million fund for investments in Europe and Israel. In November 2016, Accel's India arm closed its fifth fund with $450 million, about two years after closing its fourth fund with $325 million.
Accel is a venture capital firm that concentrates on the following technology sectors:
- Customer care services
Accel works with seed, early and growth-stage investments. Its seed and early stage investments include Cloudera, Dropbox, Dropcam, Facebook, Flipkart, Jet.com, Podium and Slack.
The firm’s growth capital investments focus on more developed companies that require a larger amount of capital to expand their business. Examples include Atlassian, DJI and Qualtrics.
In May 2019 Accel closed $575 million investment round, which led to financing Series A of European and Israel startups.
The round was the largest in the region and the total amount of funds managed by Accel reached $3 billion.
Recent exits include:
Accel's US fund is headquartered in Palo Alto, California, with offices in San Francisco, California. Accel's European fund is headquartered in London, England and Accel's India fund is headquartered in Bangalore , India. In addition to the U.S., Accel has investments across in France, Germany, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, Canada, China, Finland, India, Switzerland and more.
- ^"Accel raises $500 million fund to double down on Series A and B rounds in Europe and Israel - Tech.eu".
James r swartz ipo
- ^"Private Equity Week Wire for Tuesday 6/12 - PE HUB". PE HUB.
Enlightenment, Vedanta and the Three Energies (full talk) by James Swartz
- ^Russell, Jon. "Accel Announces New $305 Million Investment Fund For India". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2016-03-04.
- ^Mac, Ryan (March 19, 2014). "Accel Partners Raises New Funds Totaling Over $1 Billion As Facebook Investor Jim Breyer Reduces Role". Forbes.
- ^Levy, Ari. "Accel Facebook Bet Poised to Become Biggest Venture Profit: Tech".
Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2016-08-15.
- ^Loizos, Connie. "Andrew Braccia's Big Bet on Slack". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2016-08-15.
- ^"Dropbox - Dropbox Raises $250 Million in Series B Funding".
Dropbox. Archived from the original on 2016-08-15. Retrieved 2016-08-15.
- ^Tam, Pui-Wing. "Accel Invests $60 Million in Atlassian". Retrieved 2016-08-15.
- ^"Flipkart raises $150m from Accel partners and Tiger Global at $850 million valuation".
2012-01-31. Retrieved 2016-08-15.
- ^"Supercell is Accel's fastest growing company ever. (And it has a ball pit)". Pando. 2012-11-28.
Carnegie Mellon Receives $31 Million Gift for New Swartz Center for Entrepreneurship
- ^"SPOTIFY: Now It's A $1 Billion Company". Retrieved 2016-08-15.
- ^Schonfeld, Erick. "Etsy Raises $27 Million; Accel's Jim Breyer Joins Board". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2016-08-15.
- ^"Mobile Payments Startup Venmo Acquired by Braintree". 2012-08-16. Retrieved 2016-08-15.
- ^Eldon, Eric.
"Why Accel Is Leading A $40M Round In Vox Media, A Digital Content Company (!)". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2016-08-15.
- ^Empson, Rip. "After 17 Years, Education Platform Lynda.com Raises Its First Round Of Funding, $103M From Accel & Spectrum". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2016-08-15.
- ^Ha, Anthony. "Qualtrics Raises $70M From Accel And Sequoia: "The Biggest Software Company You Haven't Heard Of"?".
TechCrunch. Retrieved 2016-08-15.
- ^Reuters (2015-05-06). "Chinese Drone Maker DJI Gets $75 Million From Accel Partners". Recode. Retrieved 2016-08-15.
- ^Wauters, Robin. "Cloudera Raises $5 Million Series A Round For Hadoop Commercialization".
- ^"The Man Who Knows Amazon's Brutal Tactics Better Than Anyone Just Sealed $80 Million In Funding For His New Company". Retrieved 2016-08-15.
- ^Browne, Ryan (2018-10-30). "Google, Accel and Jay Z invest in life insurance start-up Ethos, valuing it at more than $100 million". CNBC. Retrieved 2019-08-14.
- ^"GoFundMe Gets Undisclosed Funding Led by Accel Partners, TCV | Xconomy".
2015-06-24. Retrieved 2016-08-15.
- ^"Vectra raises $36 million for its AI cybersecurity technology". 2018-02-21. Retrieved 2018-04-16.
- ^"BrowserStack hauls in $50 million Series A from Accel". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2018-07-11.
- ^"Instana Secures $30 Million Series C Investment Led By Meritech To Extend Automated Monitoring". Instana. Retrieved 2019-04-29.
- ^"YC's Instabug raises $1.7M Seed round led by Accel to grow beyond bugs".
Techcrunch. Retrieved 2019-06-20.
- ^"Accel Team Jim Swartz".
- ^"A Venture Capitalist View of the Top 5 Entrepreneurial Energy Opportunities". Retrieved 2016-09-19.
- ^"Accel Partners, Venture Capital Fund: Andrew Braccia, Investments". www.fundingpost.com.
Accel (venture capital firm)
- ^"Accel Boosts Team - PE Hub". 2013-07-24. Retrieved 2016-09-19.
- ^"History of Kohlberg, Kravis, Robert & Co".
- ^Kapner, Suzanne (2001-05-30). "U.S. Venture Capital Sees Treasure in Europe". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331.
- ^Dillet, Romain. "Venture firm Accel just raised a new $500 million European fund".
TechCrunch. Retrieved 2016-08-23.
- ^"Naspers acquires Russia's Avito in $1.2 billion transaction". Retrieved 2016-08-23.
- ^Rao, Leena. "Accel Leads $10M Round In European Airbnb For Car Ride-Sharing, BlablaCar". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2016-08-23.
- ^"Deliveroo grabs $25M to bring its premium meal delivery service to more cities".
VentureBeat. Retrieved 2016-08-23.
- ^"Accel closes two funds totaling more than $1B".
- ^Dillet, Romain. "Venture firm Accel just raised a new $500 million European fund". TechCrunch.
- ^Loizos, Connie. "Accel India closes its newest fund with $450 million — and in record time". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2016-12-03.
- ^"Accel Closes India Venture Fund". Fortune. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
www.accel.com. Retrieved 2016-08-12.
- ^"Accel Partners Teardown". 2016-02-05. Retrieved 2016-08-12.
- ^"Accel Partners Teardown". 2016-02-05.
Thank you to our event sponsors
- ^Loizos, Connie. "Venture firm Accel Partners just raised $2B from its investors". TechCrunch.
- ^"Accel closes $575M fund to double down on European and Israeli Series A deals". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2019-05-16.
- ^"Arista Networks IPO values company at about $2.75 billion". Retrieved 2014-06-05.
- ^"The Strategist". www.thestrategist.media. Retrieved 2016-08-18.
- ^ChrisSpillane, Ilya Khrennikov Christopher Spillane.
"Naspers Takes Control of Russia's Avito in $1.2 Billion Purchase". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2016-09-06.
- ^Rao, Leena; Perez, Sarah; Lunden, Ingrid.
"EBay's PayPal Acquires Payments Gateway Braintree For $800M In Cash". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2016-09-06.
- ^Kendall, Marisa. "Cloudera, Silicon Valley's latest IPO, pops in first day trading". Mercury News.
Donation Will Support Entrepreneurship Across All Disciplines
- ^"Argentine travel firm Despegar stock jumps on U.S. IPO". Reuters. 2017-09-20.
- ^"Etsy prices its IPO at $16 per share, making it worth $1.78 billion". Retrieved 2016-08-18.
- ^Raice, Shayndi; Das, Anupreeta; Letzing, John (2012-05-18).
"Facebook Prices IPO at Record Value". Wall Street Journal.
Scientific Advisory Board
ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved 2016-08-18.
- ^Barinka, Alex. "Accel-Backed ForeScout Climbs After Raising $116 Million in IPO".
- ^Cao, Jing; King, Ian. "SanDisk to Buy Fusion-io for $1.1 Billion". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2016-09-06.
- ^"Ritchie Bros. Completes Its Acquisition of IronPlanet".
- ^Selina_y_wang, Shannon Pettypiece spettypi Selina Wang.
Schedule of Events - Summer 2019
"Wal-Mart to Acquire Jet.com for $3.3 Billion to Fight Amazon". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2016-08-18.
- ^"Salesforce Buys Krux, the Data-Management Platform, for $700 Million". Retrieved 2016-10-03.
- ^"LinkedIn Enters Ed Tech with Lynda.com Acquisition – Its Largest Acquisition Ever". 2015-04-09. Retrieved 2016-08-18.
- ^"It's Official: China's Wanda Acquires Legendary Entertainment for $3.5 Billion".
- ^Forsell, Thomas (2017-09-28). "Angry Birds maker Rovio valued at $1 billion in IPO".
Reuters. Retrieved 2017-09-28.
- ^Osawa, Juro; Needleman, Sarah E. (2016-06-21). "Tencent Seals Deal to Buy 'Clash of Clans' Developer Supercell for $8.6 Billion". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved 2016-08-18.
- ^"'A sigh of relief' for Silicon Valley as consumer-Web stock Trulia soars in IPO".
- ^Christie, Les (2014-07-28). "Zillow buys Trulia for $3.5 billion". CNNMoney.
James R. Swartz, Sc.D.
- ^"Tiger Global and Accel lead facility management startup Facilio's $6.4M Series A". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2018-12-05.
- ^"Accel". www.accel.com. Retrieved 2016-09-15.
www.accel.com. Retrieved 2016-09-15.
- ^"Boosting the French Ecosystem, by Philippe Botteri (Accel Partners) - Bonjour la French Tech". 2015-10-15. Retrieved 2016-09-15.
- ^"Accel Partners is coming to town and here is how you meet them".
DocuSign, Ceridian, Smartsheet, nLight: Biggest Tech IPO Week in Years
2014-07-09. Retrieved 2016-09-15.
- ^"Accel Partners hires Facebook exec to focus funds on Israel". Geektime.
2016-06-08. Retrieved 2016-09-15.
- ^"Inside Accel Partners' $US200m search for Australia's next tech titan". 2014-10-07. Retrieved 2016-09-15.
- ^Ryall, Jenni. "New Zealand startup Xero scores $147 million from Silicon Valley investor". Mashable. Retrieved 2016-09-15.
- ^Shieber, Jonathan. "Accel Renews Commitment To Brazilian Startups With $10M EduK Investment". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2016-09-15.
- ^"As Canadian startups grow, local venture capital funding dries up".
Summer 2019 Cohort
- ^Barboza, David. "Accel's Breyer to Partner With Venture Capital Firm in China". Retrieved 2016-09-15.
- ^"100 Tech Investors Active in the Nordics - Standout Capital". 2014-04-02. Retrieved 2016-09-15.