Moderna Therapeutics, a biotech unicorn valued at more than $7.5 billion, is preparing for an initial public offering that could come as early as this winter, according to people familiar with the process.
The Cambridge, Mass.-based company, which has doggedly stayed private amid a boom of biotech IPOs, has recruited Goldman Sachs, J.P.
Morgan, and Morgan Stanley to manage its Wall Street debut, the people said.
Unlock this article by subscribing to STAT Plus. To get you started, enjoy 50% off your first 3 months!
Log In | Learn More
What is it?
STAT Plus is STAT's premium subscription service for in-depth biotech, pharma, policy, and life science coverage and analysis. Our award-winning team covers news on Wall Street, policy developments in Washington, early science breakthroughs and clinical trial results, and health care disruption in Silicon Valley and beyond.
Moderna Inc. Just Had the Biggest Biotech IPO Ever I Fortune
- Daily reporting and analysis
- The most comprehensive industry coverage from a powerhouse team of reporters
- Subscriber-only newsletters
- Daily newsletters to brief you on the most important industry news of the day
- Online intelligence briefings
- Frequent opportunities to engage with veteran beat reporters and industry experts
- Exclusive industry events
- Premium access to subscriber-only networking events around the country
- The best reporters in the industry
- The most trusted and well-connected newsroom in the health care industry
- And much more
- Exclusive interviews with industry leaders, profiles, and premium tools, like our CRISPR Trackr.