SD Card Folders
There are three types of System SD card available, which defines the default operating mode:
- MU-LAW: for countries using μ-law voice encoding (US, Japan) and US locale settings,
- A-LAW: for countries outside the US, using a-law companding, eg: Europe,
- PARTNER: Partner Edition, only available in North America.
The Serial Number is printed on the Feature Key Dongle (SD card) and prefixed with SN (IP500) or FK (IP500 V2).
It is also shown in the IP Office Manager System configuration tab, under Dongle Serial Number.
The System SD card contains the following folders:
The System SD card is also the Feature Key Dongle, and is required to make the system work.
Avaya IP Office: How to Backup and Restore IP500 V2 using an SD Card Reader
NEVER re-format the System SD card with a PC, as doing so will erase the Feature Key serial number. Only the Admin program can reformat it without killing it.
Avaya IPO 500V2 System SD Card MU-Law
The Volume Name indicates the variant of IP Office, but does not define it. The Feature Key does.
Different files exist in /primary for each variant.
- ONLY format an SD card with IP Office Manager, select File ➤ Advanced ➤ Format IP Office SD Card
- Use the Recreate IP Office SD Card command to copy the files and folders onto the card from the Manager PC.
The Optional SD card can contain a similar set of folders, used as an additional backup, or for upgrading the System SD card. Use SDHC 4GB minimum Class2+ Single partition FAT32 format card(s).
You are safe to format this card where you like!
SD cards must always be shutdown before being removed from a running system.
This will disable Embedded Voicemail.
If the System SD card is removed, features licensed by the card's Feature Key serial number will continue operating for up to 2 hours.
IP Office 500v2 SD card slots: