Might also be useful to include the list of special meals Air Canada provides as per
Flights within North America
Special meals are available:
- on flights to Bogota and Caracas
- in Business Class within North America
Special meals may not be ordered for flights offering Air Canada Café service.
Special meals are available in all classes of service on all flights where a meal service is offered (except on flights offering Air Canada Café service).
How and when to order
Special meals must be ordered at least 18 hours before the first flight in your itinerary. Here's how:
At time of online booking:
On the Who is travelling page, simply select the special meal you require from the Meal Preference drop-down menu when entering passenger information
If you have already completed your online booking:
Contact Air Canada Reservations to request your special meal
If your itinerary includes a codeshare flight or a flight operated by another airline:
Please note that you may not request your special meal online.
[HD] Economy Meals on Big Airlines (Emirates , Delta, United, Air Canada & More)
Please contact Air Canada Reservations so that we may advise the other airline of your special dietary needs.
Our choice of special meals
Here's a list of the special meals available on our flights*:
Asian vegetarian meal
Fruit plate meal
Gluten intolerant meal
Low fat meal
Low lactose meal
Low salt meal
Vegetarian meal (non-dairy)
Vegetarian meal (lacto-ovo)
Vegetarian oriental meal
* Certain restrictions may apply.
Other things we'd like you to know
- Only the special meals listed above are offered.
- Kosher meals must be ordered 24 hours in advance.
- Air Canada cannot provide meals which are guaranteed to be free of nuts, seafood or other food products.
- MREs (Meals Ready to Eat) and other self-heating meal and beverage kits with portable heating systems/ration heaters are not permitted on board our aircraft at any time.
Nor are they permitted in checked or carry-on baggage.
- You may bring your own snacks and food on board, or purchase meals and beverages at the airport before your flight - just make sure to purchase beverages after you've passed through security.
- Alcoholic beverages purchased at the duty-free shop or in bottles of no more than 100 ml are allowed on board; however, you may not consume these products while you are on the plane.
Last edited by 24left; Jul 24, 15 at 5:27 pm Reason: add color